postgres hab modification without restarting

From: Hornyak Laszlo <kocka(at)tigrasoft(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgres hab modification without restarting
Date: 2003-08-25 13:15:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all!

Is it possible to make the postmaster re-read the pg_hba.conf when needed
without pg_ctl restarting the database? I think I could send a unix signal
to it, it would simly re-read the file and apply the information for new
incoming connection requests.
I was looking for this info in the documentation and lists but I did not
find anything.

Thanks,
Laszlo