Re: Nu-B\Column:Alter type

From: john-paul delaney <jp(at)justatest(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Nu-B\Column:Alter type
Date: 2002-02-22 21:11:42
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Josh Berkus wrote:

How is this done? e.g. I want to change column 8's type.

> Step 0.2: Edit bad_table.sql to the table definition you want.

> Hmmm ... I thought that you wanted to change an existing column from
> DATE to VARCHAR.

Yes you're right, I'm just musing on how a change would be done i.e. do I have to practically rebuild the table or can the change be done more simply... inexperience showing.. thanks for your patience.

/j-p.

JUSTATEST Art Online
www.justatest.com