Copyright

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Copyright
Date: 2000-01-28 17:53:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This came down with my latest update and confused me quite a bit:

* Portions Copyright (c) 1996-2000, PostgreSQL, Inc

Since when do *they* own the copyright? Whatever happened to the good old
PostgreSQL Global Development Group? Assigning the copyright of an open
source project to a commercial entity is something unprecedented, and
quite frankly (without having anything at all against PostgreSQL, Inc) I
am not so excited about it.

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders väg 10:115
peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net 75262 Uppsala