Re: ODBC Howto

From: Vaclav Stepan <w(at)linux(dot)fjfi(dot)cvut(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC Howto
Date: 1999-11-17 09:28:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> I have recently set up a Linux server (RedHat v6.1) to run
> PostgreSQL v6.5.2. I have downloaded the psqlODBC drivers for Windows,
> v6.40.0006, to my workstation.
> I am having problems setting up the File DSN. Whenever I try, I
> am told that a connection cannot be made. I am new to ODBC and fairly

There should be a record enabling access from your host
in /var/lib/pgsql/pg_hba.conf and the daemon (postmaster) has to be run
with an -i option (see /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql startup script).

Vaclav Stepan
w(at)linux(dot)fjfi(dot)cvut(dot)cz
FNSPE Czech Technical University Prague, Czech Republic