Re: PG still fussy to compile on Solaris + GCC, may still need Sun ld

From: Matt Benjamin <matt(at)linuxbox(dot)nu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: matt(at)linuxbox(dot)nu, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG still fussy to compile on Solaris + GCC, may still need Sun ld
Date: 2000-09-02 19:38:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi Tom,

What do you mean, "do what it wanted?"  The configure script produced a
setup that would not build a perl interface, and the error was related to
SunWS compiler options.

The larger problem was of linking the PG libs.  I had a copy of Sun ld
around, but, since this (somehow, like the compiler) doesn't come with the
OS, it is a safe bet that a fair number of folks won't have it.

Sounds like half my problem was using the Perl5 that Sun provides with
Solaris 8. . .

Matt

Matt Benjamin President/CTO

The Linux Box