ecpg SQL-return codes?

From: Benedikt Eric Heinen <beh(at)icemark(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ecpg SQL-return codes?
Date: 1998-07-16 07:31:15
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi there,

how do I determine the result from an SQL statement in an ecpg source?
>From using adabas/oracle I am somewhat used to using sqlca.sqlcode, but
when I did a simple test yesterday (trying to update a row in an empty
table, which of course fails, since there is nothing to update in the
table) reveiled sqlca.sqlcode to have a value of 0.

[Used a selfcompiled postgresql-6.3.2 on Debian/GNU Linux 2.0beta,
Linux kernel 2.1.108 SMP on a Dual PPro 200/256k 256M].

Any ideas?

Benedikt

ULTIMATUM, n. In diplomacy, a last demand before resorting to concessions.
[Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"]