Re: NO-CREATE-TABLE and NO-LOCK-TABLE

From: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: NO-CREATE-TABLE and NO-LOCK-TABLE
Date: 2000-06-09 16:04:51
Lists: pgsql-patches
On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Applied.  I had a little trouble getting the patch to apply cleanly.
> Seems some code has moved, and the patch actually put it in the wrong
> place in two cases.  The context wasn't large enough.   I think I got
> them all in the right place.

 Hmm, a question is if this patch will have long lifetime. Possible is that
new ACL (etc.) implement some features from this patch.

 But, I mean that CREATE TABLE restriction is needful in large multiuser
projects.

 BWT. --- if Peter implement new ACL, I plan 'CREATE PROFILE' feature for
          better user control (connection idle time, default ACL mask
          ...etc.).

 Thanks.
						Karel