Re: How to monitor resources on Linux.

From: Ben Kim <bkim(at)tamu(dot)edu>
To: John R Allgood <jallgood(at)the-allgoods(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to monitor resources on Linux.
Date: 2007-08-29 13:41:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, John R Allgood wrote:
> [pcmiler] was compiled under Redhat 8.0.

I thought that you might find virtualization useful. (Run redhat 8.0 as a
guest OS) Sorry for the noise if you already have considered it, but it is
a typical case vmware used to tout as a success story. (Running legacy
software inside a legacy guest OS) My experience was with vmware and I
think it will do the job but then I haven't used others yet.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-linuxvirt/index.html#resources

My 2pence

Ben K.
Developer