Re: Not wanting to throw a wrench in things

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Not wanting to throw a wrench in things
Date: 2004-12-21 07:55:54
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Third: Archives again
>
> I know that the person that did the aspseek work for the search engine
> did a LOT of work but I think we should let google handle our searching.
> We already do this on techdocs. We also may want to consider this for
> straight docs.
>
> Thoughts?

I agree only if we know Google is kind enough to index our documents
thoroughly and keep index actual. Unfortunately, Google is not good
for small, personal sites, it was developed for different purposes.

Searching techdocs using google for 'plpgsql' I got 7 documents which
is obviously too little.

> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83