Re: Archives too slow

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Archives too slow
Date: 2004-08-29 19:24:49
Lists: pgsql-www

I always didn't understand why not have static pages for mailing list
archive if they already generated.

Another thing to consider is using
lightweight frontend with ability to cache pages generated by heavy backend.
www.pgsql.ru uses 3-servers setup - frontend (apache+mod_accel),
backend ( apache + modperl ) and thttpd (very light and fast) for serving
binary data (images, for example). Only frontend interacts with user, so slow
clients (bad connectivity) don't bother heavy backend and, consequently,
db server.

Oleg
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83