Re: website doc search is extremely SLOW

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: "D(dot) Dante Lorenso" <dante(at)lorenso(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: website doc search is extremely SLOW
Date: 2003-12-30 10:28:34
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, D. Dante Lorenso wrote:

> Trying to use the 'search' in the docs section of PostgreSQL.org
> is extremely SLOW. Considering this is a website for a database
> and databases are supposed to be good for indexing content, I'd
> expect a much faster performance.
>
> I submitted my search over two minutes ago. I just finished this
> email to the list. The results have still not come back. I only
> searched for:
>
> SECURITY INVOKER
>
> Perhaps this should be worked on?

Your query takes 0.01 sec to complete (134 documents found) on my development
server I hope to present to the community soon after New Year. We've
crawled 27 postgresql related sites. Screenshot is available
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/pgsql.ru.gif

> Dante

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83