Re: RC1 time?

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RC1 time?
Date: 2002-01-04 07:48:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> >> Aside from the lwlock business, Karel seems to be seeing some problem
> >> in to_timestamp/to_date.
> > I thought Karel sent in a to_date patch yesterday that you applied.  Was
> > there another issue?
> Yes.  He reported something that looked a lot like a DST boundary
> problem, except it wasn't on a DST boundary date.  Thomas thought it
> might be a consequence of the timestamp-vs-timestamptz change from
> 7.1 to 7.2.  See
> (BTW, is anyone else noticing that is missing an
> awful lot of traffic?  For example, I can't get it to show Thomas'
> comment on the above-mentioned thread; and that is *VERY* far from
> being its only omission lately.)

there were a *lot of troubles* with connected with
moving to new server, which is far from my dream computer :-)
We hope to restore all messages we lost in transition period
(we have to take into account references between postings must be persistent !).
btw, if somebody could donate a server dedicated for rapidly growing
mailing list archive (already > 300,000 messages) ?
id currently awfull slow !

> 			regards, tom lane

Internet: oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su,
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83