Re: RC1 time?

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RC1 time?
Date: 2002-01-04 07:48:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> >> Aside from the lwlock business, Karel seems to be seeing some problem
> >> in to_timestamp/to_date.
>
> > I thought Karel sent in a to_date patch yesterday that you applied. Was
> > there another issue?
>
> Yes. He reported something that looked a lot like a DST boundary
> problem, except it wasn't on a DST boundary date. Thomas thought it
> might be a consequence of the timestamp-vs-timestamptz change from
> 7.1 to 7.2. See http://fts.postgresql.org/db/mw/msg.html?mid=1345390
>
> (BTW, is anyone else noticing that fts.postgresql.org is missing an
> awful lot of traffic? For example, I can't get it to show Thomas'
> comment on the above-mentioned thread; and that is *VERY* far from
> being its only omission lately.)

there were a *lot of troubles* with fts.postgresql.org connected with
moving to new server, which is far from my dream computer :-)
We hope to restore all messages we lost in transition period
(we have to take into account references between postings must be persistent !).
btw, if somebody could donate a server dedicated for rapidly growing
mailing list archive (already > 300,000 messages) ? fts.postgresql.org
id currently awfull slow !

> regards, tom lane

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83