Re: C++ builder + ADO + podbcsql (7.01.0007)

From: xoror(at)infuse(dot)org
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: C++ builder + ADO + podbcsql (7.01.0007)
Date: 2001-10-11 10:47:27
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> xoror(at)infuse(dot)org wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > I've just starting to use postgresql. Currently i'm migrating a mysql
> > application to postgres. However i've encountered some strange things.
> >
> > I'm using c++ builder 5.0. I use ADO + ODBC to access postgresql (7.1.3
> > cygwin). i've read the faq and uncheck some options concerning to varchar
> > and stuff. but I still have problems with text type. If one of my colomn
> > is a text type, and when i try to edit it with a data-aware component, i
> > get this error : expecting memo, actual string.
> >
> > now that's weird since that column is defined as a text type. it should be
> > regcognise as memo. is this a bug ? (or known flaw?)
>
> Are you checking Text as LongVarChar option ?
> If you are checking it, *text* would be treated as *memo*,
> otherwise *text* would be treated as *text*.

I've read the FAQ and i unchecked Text as LongVarChar.

i've checked the option and everything works now. THANKS !!!
i suggest you'd better change the FAQ.

the FAQ is wrong in this case.

Data Type Options:
Uncheck Text as LongVarchar
Uncheck Unknowns as LongVarchar

i think it would help a lot of borland if this was fixed :)

> > the second weird thing is that i can enable logging but the driver
> > produces nog logfile :(
>
> Which option are you enabling ?

i enabled c:\psqlodbc.log and mylog thing. but to no avail.