Re: Call for porting reports

From: Peter Eisentraut <e99re41(at)DoCS(dot)UU(dot)SE>
To: "Kardos, Dr(dot) Andreas" <kardos(at)repas-aeg(dot)de>
Cc: hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Call for porting reports
Date: 2000-04-11 12:39:14
Lists: pgsql-ports
On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Kardos, Dr. Andreas wrote:

> 2) The link of pg_dump fails because fe-connect.c calls inet_aton(). There
> is no inet_aton() on this platform. Since the problem is not pg_dump but
> lippq.so this is a general problem!

There's a configure test for inet_aton, which does the right thing on this
sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1/gcc 2.8.1 (which doesn't have it either). Perhaps
remove the config.cache before reconfiguring? *shrug*

> 3) The postmaster cannot be started:
>
> sun2$ postmaster -i
> FATAL: StreamServerPort: setsockopt(SO_REUSEADDR) failed: Protocol error
> /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: cannot create UNIX stream port
>
> Does SunOS not support Unix domain sockets? The same error appears without
> the -i option.

No kidding. I don't get this problem but the regression tests occasionally
fail with broken pipe messages, but everything goes fine when I use TCP/IP
explicitly (-h option to psql). I don't know much more about it either
though.

Besides the Unix socket issue this platform works and all the regression
tests pass.

peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net                   75262 Uppsala