Problem compiling

From: Database Admin <pgsql(at)cbnet(dot)ns(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem compiling
Date: 1999-03-13 20:46:09
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi. I'm trying to compile Postgresql on a Sparc 20 running.. Solaris 2.6
I think. However, when I run configure in src, the following happens:

$ ./configure
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.4
checking echo setting...
checking setting template to... solaris_sparc_gcc
./configure: conftest.sh: not found

Whoops. Hm.. That says solaris 2.4. I didn't think it was THAT out of
date. I suppose that this would be my problem? Aside from upgrading the
OS, is there a specific program that needs to be updated, ect?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Daniel Merritt