Re: German translation fixes

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: German translation fixes
Date: 2008-05-20 02:44:10
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 7 May 2008, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Here is an updated de.po based on the latest version in CVS with some
> spelling fixes.

I've actually taken the 8.3 translation supplied by Andre Bialojahn[1] to
use for HEAD because it has more messages translated.

His:
173 translated messages, 4 fuzzy translations.

Yours:
164 translated messages, 5 fuzzy translations, 8 untranslated messages.

Perhaps you didn't merge the latest messages prior to editing de.po.  You
should run update-translations.sh prior to editing a po file.

While discussing translations, perhaps now would be a good time to discuss
joining the pgtranslation project.  I personally have no way of knowing
whether a translation is "good", all I can do is check the msgfmt stats.
The JDBC project's translations are suffering from a lack of exposure as
well.  What would we have to do to get our po files managed by
pgtranslation?

Kris Jurka