Re: Missing fields in getColumns() result

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Christian Schröder <cs(at)deriva(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Missing fields in getColumns() result
Date: 2008-01-07 02:52:12
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007, Christian Schrder wrote:

> So the problem doesn't seem to be solved yet. I have implemented a patch
> that specifically adds the "SOURCE_DATA_TYPE" field to the result of
> "getColumns()".

I don't like splitting the code into columns + values and I don't like
splitting the query into two parts as inconsistencies may occur in the
face of concurrent updates. What about moving the existing implementation
of getColumns to getColumns(int jdbcVersion), making it do different
things based on the version provided and having getColumns() in Jdbc2/3
just provide the version to the new code.

Kris Jurka