Re: Possible Bug with JDBC 8.0-310 JDBC 3

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: NielsG <NielsG(at)aquafold(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Possible Bug with JDBC 8.0-310 JDBC 3
Date: 2005-02-10 19:58:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, NielsG wrote:

> I believe there is a bug in JDBC 8 that wasn't there in JDBC 7.4. I
> have a function which does a RAISE NOTICE. If I use the 7.4 JDBC driver
> and execute it with a Statement.execute("SELECT functionname()"), and
> get the warnings with Statement.getWarnings(), the warnings that are
> returned do not have any messages with the SQLWarning.getMessage(). I
> get the correct number of warnings, but the warning messages are blank.
>
> Doesn't work:
> JDBC: JDBC 8.0-310 JDBC 3
> Database: Postgresql 8.0 and 7.4.3
> W (1):
>
> Works:
> JDBC: JDBC 7.4-214 JDBC 3
> Database: Postgresql 8.0 and 7.4.3
> W (1): SNOTICE C00000 my_message_text Fpl_exec.c L1860 Rexec_stmt_raise
>
> Does anyone know of this bug?

I do now. I've applied a fix to the 8.0 and head branches. In 8.0 we
added some parsing to split out the various fields, but apparently
didn't redirect the getMessage call to actually use them. You will now
get just the message part, so in your example, getMessage should return
"my_message_text".

This fix will go out in the next release, but I've put up temporary jars
if you need them now. http://www.ejurka.com/pgsql/jars/nielsg

Kris Jurka