Re: patch: bring org/postgresql/test/README up to date

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Vadim Nasardinov <vadimn(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: patch: bring org/postgresql/test/README up to date
Date: 2004-10-22 22:40:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Vadim Nasardinov wrote:

> Is this the right list for sending JDBC-specific patches or should
> they be directed to pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org?

Everything about JDBC happens here.

> This patch partially brings org/postgresql/test/README up to date.

I've applied this, but I think more effort should be made in getting this
information into the documentation on the website:

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/development/intro.html#Test+Suite

This file is hard to find and we want to centralize rather than duplicate
information.

> The document refers to
> http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbctestsuite-1_2_1.html
> Would it make sense to provide instructions for the seemingly
> newer test suite available at
> http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbctestsuite-1_3_1.html

Yes. I know Dave Cramer was spending some time trying to get PostgreSQL
to pass the newer version, so you might hit him up for the sql scripts and
configuration he used.

Kris Jurka