Re: PreparedStatement

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Nathan Crause <ncrause(at)uniclear(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PreparedStatement
Date: 2004-09-28 11:28:39
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Kris Jurka wrote:

> It might be worthwhile to investigate how other JDBC drivers handle this.
> So far I've only looked at MySQL, but checking MaxDB and Firebird's driver
> source would be revealing.  Checking commercial drivers would be good too,
> but I'm not sure how legal that is.

So far I've checked MaxDB, Firebird, and Oracle.  All of them throw
an Exception saying the method is unimplemented.  This makes me even less
excited about throwing in a hack solution.  I was just assuming that
everyone else implemented this and we needed something to "keep up" with
portable applications.

Kris Jurka