Re: PreparedStatement

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Nathan Crause <ncrause(at)uniclear(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PreparedStatement
Date: 2004-09-28 10:40:53
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Nathan Crause wrote:

> I'm wondering if there is some way to make a trigger on the sequences
> themselves. Create some sort of session-specific temporary table which
> contains records of all auto-generated sequences in that session, and
> then figure out some way to return only the portion which was created by
> the last INSERT (perhaps something as simple as flushing the table after
> each resultset it returned to the connection).

This looks like an application kind of fix, not a library solution.  A
JDBC driver can't go around creating tables and triggers and other things.

It might be worthwhile to investigate how other JDBC drivers handle this.
So far I've only looked at MySQL, but checking MaxDB and Firebird's driver
source would be revealing.  Checking commercial drivers would be good too,
but I'm not sure how legal that is.

Kris Jurka