Re: Customizing SSL with jdbc

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: chinmoy <chinmoy(at)avaya(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Customizing SSL with jdbc
Date: 2004-09-15 22:34:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> I'm not sure how that extra level of indirection gives you anything.
> Haven't you just gone from "how do I configure my new SSLSocketFactory
> instance without context?" to "how do I configure my new
> SSLSocketFactoryFactory instance without context?" ?

The class itself is the context. That is, if you need to say have a number
of keystore locations each one gets its own wrapper factory class. Its
definitely ugly, but so is programmatically setting things on the
org.postgresql.Driver class. That approach also requires you getting in
there to touch the Driver class before a connection is established, which
is unclear to me how to accomplish in an application server environment
where a pool is setup for you.

Kris Jurka