Re: Result Set Cursor Patch

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Barry Lind <blind(at)xythos(dot)com>
Cc: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Result Set Cursor Patch
Date: 2004-05-07 05:46:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Barry Lind wrote:

> Oliver Jowett wrote:
> > Are we still tracking the main tree's release cycle then? I thought part
> > of the reason for moving to gborg was because the JDBC driver's release
> > cycle didn't match the main tree's release cycle well?
> >

> I suspect we are trying to track the server release schedule. 7.5 looks
> like it might be the first server release in a while that didn't require
> changes to the jdbc driver to remain compatible with it. So I don't
> know of a reason right now that would force a new jdbc version at the
> same time as 7.5 of the server, however I think it is a good idea.

Yes, continuing to track the server releases is the plan as I understand
it. I would venture that we don't need to stick to their feature freeze
date which is June 1st as best as I can tell from a long and complicated
hackers discussion. Server betas tend to take forever and I don't think
we need that kind of time to smooth out any JDBC issues. Assuming a
minimum two month server freeze->release time frame, I would be
comfortable with a July 1st freeze for the JDBC driver. Thoughts?

Kris Jurka