Re: Can't connect to socket in Debian distribution

From: brew(at)theMode(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't connect to socket in Debian distribution
Date: 2002-11-28 18:03:52
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, KEVIN ZEMBOWER wrote:

> I'm assuming that the Apache httpd software, which runs as
> "nobody:nogroup" in Debian, will run the mnogosearch php script to
> search the index and return the results. So, 'nobody:nogroup' will have
> to log into the mnogosearch database as dbuser 'mnogosearch.' At least,
> I think this is what's needed. But, I'm still working on it.

It doesn't have to.... read the PostgreSQL docs about DB user names and
unix users names.  I think you can give whatever username you want at
the command line and I know I give a username at the connect line in my
php scripts.

If you haven't got the PostgreSQL docs on your Debian system get them, run
the command:

apt-get update

then

apt-get install postgresql-doc