Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Current sources?
Date: 1998-05-23 19:41:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 23 May 1998, Tom Lane wrote:

> Do you want to adopt the Mozilla method where there is a tarball
> available with the CVS control files already in place?  I'd recommend
> it; my initial checkout over a 28.8K modem took well over two hours.
> Admittedly I forgot to supply -z, but judging from the pauses in
> data transfer, overload of the hub.org server was also a factor ...
> -z would've made that worse.

	Can you try it with a -z and time it?  I would judge it to be
faster, since the -z should be more processor intensive, and the processor
on Hub is idle most of the time.  The -z would reduce bandwidth, though...

	As for the CVS control files...will look at it...but even then,
its going to take awhile to download, due to the overall size of the file
in question...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org