Re: [HACKERS] Domain Problem?

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Simon Shapiro <shimon(at)simon-shapiro(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Domain Problem?
Date: 1998-01-28 03:36:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Simon Shapiro wrote:

> Any reason why the whole domain appears to be dead?
> Anything I can do to help?

Without getting into a very very large email...Trends was sharing a 3Mps
link with another company to UUnet...the other company went belly-up this
past week, with UUnet pulling the link.  Adrian (@Trends) spent today
doing up contracts and whatnot with UUnet, and now we are connected
directly with them, instead of sharing.  It took them a little longer then
anticipated to get the link back up again, but considering that it went
down at ~noon, I think that Adrian did a fantastic job of things...

If UUnet goes belly up...well...is there a 'Net left? :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org