Re: Database formats

From: ghaverla(at)freenet(dot)edmonton(dot)ab(dot)ca
To: mig_work(at)zipmail(dot)com(dot)br
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database formats
Date: 2000-12-19 17:14:19
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 mig_work(at)zipmail(dot)com(dot)br wrote:

>   Hi. I'm new here.
>  I'm involved in a project we use an linux based server, and a windows based
> client. It's still in the planning stage. In that project , I have to deliver
> an database to our client to it access offline. I want to know if there
> is some way to convert a PGSQL table to an  win - compatible database OR
> , if there is some way to I use this table in the windows , using something
> like a mini-pgsql server on windows or something like this.

Theoretically speaking (meaning I haven't done it, but I've
read about it), there are lots of ways.  You could have PostgreSQL
talk to a Windows application via ODBC.  You could read your table
from PostgreSQL (perhaps with perl) and write a comma seperated
volue (CSV) file(s).  There are probably a bunch of other ways too.

Gord

Matter Realisations     http://www.materialisations.com/
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng. President
101  9504 182 St. NW    Edmonton, AB, CA  T5T 3A7
780/481-8019            ghaverla @ freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
780/993-1274 (cell)