Re: odbc access and pg_hba.conf FIXED

From: Steve(dot)Toutant(at)inspq(dot)qc(dot)ca
To: rod(at)iol(dot)ie
Cc: Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>,pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org,pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: odbc access and pg_hba.conf FIXED
Date: 2009-11-19 19:48:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Setting this line
host    all     dbaInspq                  md5
Only allow this computer to access the DB and Block my other client
If I add this line
host    all     dbaInspq                  md5

It works
So the problem was using a netmask, that specify all host with the IP

So, ODBC works! My config didn't.

Thanks for your help,

Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
19/11/2009 02:37 PM
Veuillez répondre à

Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org,
Re: [ODBC] odbc access and pg_hba.conf

On 19/11/2009 19:26, Steve(dot)Toutant(at)inspq(dot)qc(dot)ca wrote:
> ok, done with thesse xxx, yyy I'm on a private network so here is the
> content of hba.conf

That's more like it! :-) The more detail you can give, the easier it is
for people to help you.

> host    all         all          md5
> host    all     dbaInspq      md5
> host    all     dbaInspq       md5
> is the server running postgres/postgis
> is my computer

I'm no whizz at working out IP addresses and masks, but if all these
machines are on the same network then they should be sharing the same
network mark. You've got two different ones there - is that correct?

Only a wild guess, but this *might* be the root of your trouble.

Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland