odbc problem on windows?

From: Axel(dot)Fix(at)iff(dot)fraunhofer(dot)de
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: odbc problem on windows?
Date: 2004-06-14 15:02:54
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
hallo,

i use the cygwin postgresql 7.03.x and i have ported some tables from
access to pg. for example you can see the table definition at the bottom
of this mail. and there are some datasets in this table (more than 1!!!).
with libodbc++ i login into the db, create and execute my select-statement
and get the resultset with:
  odbc::ResultSet* rs = stmt->getResultSet();

and with rs->next() i go to the first dataset. all to this point works
fine and the data is also correct. but if i try to get the next dataset
with rs->next() i get this sql-exception:
  Error fetching numeric statement option: Not positioned on a valid row.

but there are more than 1 dataset in this table.
the odbc driver seems to work correctly cause access shows me all
datasets.

i hope, somebody can help me.
thanks in advance,
axel

CREATE TABLE public.devices ( key_devclass int4 NOT NULL, key_devname
varchar(50) NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT devices_pkey PRIMARY KEY (key_devname))
WITH OIDS;

pgsql-cygwin by date