Re: BUG #6494: Listening to * fails for IP V6

From: Curd Reinert <Curd(dot)Reinert(at)ppi(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6494: Listening to * fails for IP V6
Date: 2012-08-08 08:20:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom Lane wrote:
>> The trouble is that under AIX, once you have bound an IP V4 socket to a

>> port, it seems you can't bind a IP V6 socket to the same port. The
other
>> way round works. And AIX seems to return addrinfo with IP V4 addresses
in
>> front.
> Seems like that is a bug to file with IBM.
Indeed it does, and we did. Took us some time to persuade IBM to really
check this, and some more time until we got an answer. The good news: they
agree that the current behaviour is faulty, and they will change it. The
not so good news: they can't predict when this fix will be available.

If you happen to have an account at IBM, you can read more about IV23320
here: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IV23320

Best regards,

Curd Reinert