How to find object dependencies in PG 8.4

From: venkatrao(dot)b(at)tcs(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to find object dependencies in PG 8.4
Date: 2010-04-07 05:30:42
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi All,

I need to find object dependencies in postgres 8.4 database. Mainly i am
concerned about how functions are dependent(one function calling other
one) of one another. In oracle, we have options of _dpendency views(
user_dependecy,all_dependency and dba_dependecy).

Is there any equivalent available in Postgres 8.4. I have seen pg_depend
catalog, but I don't know, is this the one which i am looking for; also
how to use this catalog (join with other catalogs ??).

Can anyone kindly help me in this regard.

Venkat
and any attachments. Thank you

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: machielrDate: 2010-04-07 09:54:09