Re: pg703: support for Large objects via JDBC PreparedStatement.setBi naryStream()

From: selvam(at)gelife(dot)com(dot)my
To: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg703: support for Large objects via JDBC PreparedStatement.setBi naryStream()
Date: 2001-03-21 02:16:03
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
I do not understand when people say that pg7.03 is out and some are talking
about 7.1. What is the difference anyway? As far as I know 7.03 is the
latest. What about 7.1? I am new to postgreSQL. Can someone please clarify
me? And added to that, if 7.03 is out, does the jdbc support calling stored
procedures? cause when I used Calllable Statments in 7.02, there was an
exception that it was not supported. Please clarify me.

Regards,

Selvam

                    Peter T Mount
                    <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>         To:     Julian Richardson
                    Sent by:                     <JRichardson(at)softwright(dot)co(dot)uk>
                    pgsql-jdbc-owner(at)post        cc:     "'pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'"
                    gresql.org                   <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
                                                 Subject:     Re: [JDBC] pg703: support for Large
                                                 objects via JDBC PreparedStatement.setBi
                    20/03/2001 11:10 PM          naryStream()

Quoting Julian Richardson <JRichardson(at)softwright(dot)co(dot)uk>:

> I didn't study the code in detail but it looked like there's stuff
> missing
> in the Large Objects API too, so it may not even be possible to use that
> as
> an alternative (I'd rather not anyway, but may have been able to make
> the
> setBinaryStream method call into it behind the scenes to do the work)
>
> Is there a workaround for this (or preferably a fix for the drivers!!) -
> or
> does it work in pg6.5 as downgrading may be an option?

No, proper stream support was only introduced in 7.1 :-)

> ps. posted a variation on this to the pgsql-bugs list the other day but
> don't know if it got through - hopefully this one will.

I've been ofline for a couple of weeks so I've got a few K of emails to
catch
up with :-(

Peter

--
Peter Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/