Re: ODBC and Large Objects, FAQ not working

From: "Hiroki Kataoka" <kataoka(at)interwiz(dot)koganei(dot)tokyo(dot)jp>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC and Large Objects, FAQ not working
Date: 1999-12-09 14:53:25
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> > > Is there a driver update in the near future planed, or can you give
> > > me a hint, how I can manage this on my own? I have some
> > > experiences with C, but how to update the current driver in
> > > Windows with the new code is off my limits.
> >
> > I will attach a patch for PsqlODBC 6.40.0007 to solve this
> problem. This
> > patch also includes another large object patch reported by Sam in this
> > mailing list.
>
> Thanks a lot! I downloaded the source code and edited it according
> to your patch.
>
> Now the problem I have is that I don't know how to compile the
> code and integrate it into the ODBC-driver! Do I need a C-Compiler
> for Windows/DOS to create a new dll-file, compile and integrate it
> on the server side or how does it work?

To compile the PsqlODBC source, you need MS Visual C++ 4.0 or higher.

Step 1: Install original PsqlODBC driver to the Client PC. If you have
already installed it, then you may skip this step.
Step 2: Compile the patched source.
Step 3: Replace original PSQLODBC.DLL file with compiled new one. There is
in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM(Windows9x) or C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32(WindowsNT).
Step 4: Try to use any large objects with new ODBC driver.

There is no work on the server side.

=====
Hiroki Kataoka