Re: faster or ..... ????

From: "Dario" <dario_d_s(at)unitech(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: "dedy" <slackman(at)unika(dot)ac(dot)id>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: faster or ..... ????
Date: 2005-10-06 13:25:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

1) mmm... create table x as object doesn't seem to be a valid statement.... You can create types, or use arrays. But I think you don't need (neither want) that...
2) (which one is faster?) I'm not sure what are your plans for this tables. How many rows are you trying to insert into address for each ID? do you need to search for address? As a programmer, I definitly wouldn't do something like the first option (using arrays) except that I'm positibly sure that I will ALWAYS (no exception) retreat all address everytime I need an "id" record and they are not too many for each id. And I (or my bosses) will never want to look people for address. As a dba, I would kill that programmer.
3) My english s*cks too.