Re: Ugh...createlang won't prompt for password

From: "Steve - DND" <postgres(at)digitalnothing(dot)com>
To: "John DeSoi" <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
Cc: "postgres-win32" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Ugh...createlang won't prompt for password
Date: 2005-04-20 00:53:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

> You can use the pgpass file to avoid any password prompting. The
> details are here:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/libpq-pgpass.html

That file at the location specified in the above link did not appear in any
of my user's profiles. Creating the file at the specified location though
caused createlang to work as expected. So I guess the question now is, why
wasn't createlang or psql prompting me for a password like they were
supposed to? Even when I tried to force password prompting.

Steve