adding a new data to existing psql table from comma del file

From: "sloftus" <sgloftus(at)lbgeographic(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: adding a new data to existing psql table from comma del file
Date: 2004-12-30 13:49:29
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

  can somebody help me, I am trying to update a psql table in my data base.
I created the table from a
comma deliminated file that has four col.

state, city, school, autoID.

the current table. RESCHOOL, has about 300 rows, and is ordered using a
autogenerated sequence which links this table to other tables in the DB.

I need to add some additional schools (about 100),from another cvs file into
the RESCHOOL.

do I use the copy comand that I used to originally used to create this file?
Wont that overwrite my existing table, and mess up my ID's from the
autogenerated number?

any suggestions appreciated.

sgloftus(at)lbgeographic

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Mark Edward SmithDate: 2004-12-30 23:31:34