postgresSql cygwin

From: Javier(at)t-online(dot)de (Xaver)
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgresSql cygwin
Date: 2003-03-10 07:19:40
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

I'm tryind to run postgres, but when I start the "initdb -d -D
/var/postgres/base
I receive the following error message:

Running with debug mode on.

initdb variables:
PGDATA=eror
datadir=/usr/share/postgresql
PGPATH=/usr/bin
ENCODING=
ENCODINGID=0
POSTGRES_SUPERUSERNAME=Administrator
POSTGRES_BKI=/usr/share/postgresql/postgres.bki
POSTGRES_DESCR=/usr/share/postgresql/postgres.description
POSTGRESQL_CONF_SAMPLE=/usr/share/postgresql/postgresql.conf.sample
PG_HBA_SAMPLE=/usr/share/postgresql/pg_hba.conf.sample
PG_IDENT_SAMPLE=/usr/share/postgresql/pg_ident.conf.sample
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"Administrator".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory eror... ok
creating directory eror/base... ok
creating directory eror/global... ok
creating directory eror/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory eror/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in eror/base/1... DEBUG: invoking
IpcMemoryCreate(size=942080)
IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=1, num=17, 03600) failed: Function not
implemented
DEBUG: proc_exit(1)
DEBUG: shmem_exit(1)
DEBUG: exit(1)

initdb failed.

I got a look on the FAQ, I found the following: If the error message is
IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget failed (No space
left on device) then your kernel is not configured with enough
semaphores. Postgres needs one semaphore per potential backend
process. A temporary solution is to start postmaster with a smaller
limit on the number of backend processes. Use -N with a parameter less
than the default of 32. A more permanent solution is to increase your
kernel's SEMMNS and SEMMNI parameters.

But again when I try to run initdb with the -N16 parameter postgres says,
Invalid option -N16.

Pls. Help

Xaver