newbie query - ident error?

From: "Robert J(dot) Sanford, Jr(dot)" <rsanford(at)nolimitsystems(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: newbie query - ident error?
Date: 2001-11-29 15:41:10
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
i'm having an issue with a remote user not being able to log in because of
an "ident failure". i think that i have added the user to the login files
but ident is failing.

from reading the docs i am thinking that one of two things is wrong...
1) i need to add my remote user as a user on my win2k system or
2) my firewall is not allowing the ident protocol through

does either of those make sense? i'm going to try adding him as a user to my
win2k system but if it is number 2 (or something i haven't thought of) then
what do i need to do?

many thanks!

rjsjr

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Harold HababouDate: 2001-11-29 17:11:47