PREPARE, FK's and VIEWs

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PREPARE, FK's and VIEWs
Date: 2002-08-28 06:53:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Now that we have prepared statements, should the foreign key code be changed
to use them?  I think it's highly likely that they will be reused in a
connection.  Might be an idea.

Also, what if the person wants to prepare a view?  Should they have to
PREPARE <view select> or should we automatically prepare them the first time
they're used in a connection?  Or should we offer a PREPARE VIEW <viewname>
option?

I personally think the second option would be neat.

Chris

Next:From: Karel ZakDate: 2002-08-28 07:11:04