Re: MS SQL Migration

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'futrzak'" <futrzak(at)archie(dot)dhs(dot)org>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "'pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MS SQL Migration
Date: 2002-01-11 09:44:22
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi Artur,

Can you copy your emails to pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org (or just send
them to that list) in future please.

Yeah, that was what I thought.

> Better way for MSSQL is using bracketed identifiers []
> instead of quoted.
>
> PgAdmin II use OLE DB driver to connect to MSSQL then this
> quote char will be working corectly.

Using brackets would be a lot more work I suspect. I don't see any reason
why the quotes won't work either, so I'll leave them for now.

> > I do have one question - you hard-coded the size for
> numeric columns -
> is it
> > broken for all providers?
>
> No - it was my mistake or tiredness.
>
> This is correct code for this type:
>
>         ' AM 20020110
>         ' driver don't returns correct values - setting to
> default 18,4
>         If szTemp2 = "numeric" Then
>           szTemp2 = szTemp2 & "(" &
> catLocal.Tables(lstData.List(X)).Columns(newColumnArray(Y)).Pr
ecision & "," & catLocal.Tables(lstData.List(X)).Columns>
(newColumnArray(Y)).NumericScale
> & ")"
>         End If
>
> Please update source.
>
> I found another problem with this - when I choose mapping
> from float to numeric, the numericscale will be 0 and data
> will be truncated to integer part of  a number

Sounds like we need a combination of the 2 bits of code - the above for
migrating real numerics, and your 18,4 default for non-numerics. Any ideas
how we can figure out what to use? I guess we should only expect a scale for
source type = adNumeric.

Any thoughts?

Regards, Dave.

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2002-01-11 09:51:43