Forcing WAL switch

From: "Walker, Jed S" <Jed_Walker(at)cable(dot)comcast(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Forcing WAL switch
Date: 2005-08-11 14:38:08
Lists: pgsql-novice
I can't find a way to force a WAL to switch other than just generating a
lot of changes in the database. I'd like to be able to switch to the
next WAL before a hot backup, and then switch out one after the hot
backup. The docs indicate this is not possible.

Does anyone have a way to do this (other than creating a lot of data

pgsql-novice by date