The Postgres ODBC docs seem a little too advanced for me!
Here are my simple q.s
* To "switch on" ODBC support in my Postgresql install, do I have to do
anything at all (on the server), or is all the work on the client side?
* Seems like the psqlODBC driver must be installed on my Wintel client, and
not on the Linux server I use
* Aren't there Linux ODBC clients?
* What is iodbc? Does it get installed on the server or on the client? Would
my Win 2000 machine have any pre-installed driver managers that may support
psqlODBC (so I don't have to bother with iodbc)?
* I see a number of iodbc downloads: driver manager, driver manager runtime,
developers kit and administrator. A brief descr. on what each item may be
needed for would be helpful.
Thats a lot of q.s
Thanks in advance
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
pgsql-novice by date
|Next:||From: Justin Clift||Date: 2001-09-02 03:59:12|
|Subject: Re: SunOS 5.7 install|
|Previous:||From: Mark Tessier and Martine Veilleux||Date: 2001-09-01 20:12:45|
|Subject: SunOS 5.7 install|