Re: jdbc cts final diff for review

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: jdbc cts final diff for review
Date: 2005-07-01 00:51:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Did you read my reasons for the ugly if double, then float stuff ?

On 30-Jun-05, at 8:04 PM, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Dave Cramer wrote:
>

>> I've changed direction to an array
>>

> Ok. What did you think about removing it entirely from the
> parameterlist
> level? It just seems like extra complexity that doesn't need to be
> there..

I think it can be removed, however I think sooner than later we will
be dealing
with more complex parameters when stored procedures with real IN/OUT
parms

>> regarding the jdbc3 type conversion in registerOutParameter, an
>> existing conversion (BIT to BOOLEAN) was there, do all of them
>> need  to
>> be in jdbc2 ?
>>

> BOOLEAN is only defined in JDBC3, so that conversion needs to be in
> the
> JDBC3 code or the driver won't build under JDBC2.
>
> All the others should be in JDBC2 code.

Done

>> I moved them from to core/types, but they have always been there
>>

> Oh, ok, your patch didn't show those renames. I also thought you'd
> removed the types/ stuff earlier, guess I misread your commit :/
>
> I still think they are redundant and should be entirely removed. We
> can
> do that afterwards though.

If absolutely necessary, however I don't think setObject with a
different type is
in the critical path

> Why the repackaging?

can't remember now.