Re: Postgres filling up hard drive with swap files

From: Jeff <threshar(at)torgo(dot)978(dot)org>
To: Joe Lester <joe_lester(at)sweetwater(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>,postgres list <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres filling up hard drive with swap files
Date: 2004-08-21 01:46:23
Lists: pgsql-general
On Aug 20, 2004, at 3:18 PM, Joe Lester wrote:

> Huh. Cool. Do you have any experience of what the performance hit
> would be for using pgpool?

I've only had performance increases with pgpool.  Then again, my
connections are common of web apps (as web apps connect) - many many
short lived connections.

Given you have long lived connections.. I'm not sure if pgpool would
help.
It may, give it a whirl.

however it seems Tom found the actual problem.

--
Jeff Trout <jeff(at)jefftrout(dot)com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/