Re: Archives formatting

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Archives formatting
Date: 2005-12-16 13:09:16
Lists: pgsql-www

OK, I think I got most of these, and a few off-list comments....

> 1) Word wrap in IE. Longer names are going to wrap of course.
> Magnus has
> been talking with Emily about a CSS fix for the overwriting
> problem, so I'm
> waiting for the outcome of that.

Still waiting for Magnus/Emily on that one.

> 2) Categorisation. Yes, I wanted to do that but the CSS made it quite
> difficult, and I couldn't get it to work as I wanted (lot's
> of overprinting
> issues, similar to those above. I need to try to understand
> the CSS better -
> if anyone has any hints, please shout!

I've made the menu hierarchical so you can now drill down through the
list categories.

> 3) Search box - yes I agree it looks too big - that's the standard CSS
> again. We could lose all but the text box and ML combo box
> from the main
> form, and put the rest on a standalone 'advanced' form. I'll
> knock something
> up.

The are now Advanced/Basic options, with basic as the default.

> 4) Generation from main code. Should be possible, but how
> necessary is it?
> All the CSS is checked out straight from CVS - the rest
> probably will never
> change.

No change.

> 5) Mhonarc versions - not my area; Marc?

N/A

> 6) Link color - the links use the standard CSS from the main
> site. If I
> change one, I would need to change them both to avoid the fun
> of having two
> slightly-different sets of stylesheets. I do see what you
> mean though - any
> ideas anyone?

Resolved through the wonders of CSS.

Did I miss anything?