Re: Additional features for pgAdmin

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Additional features for pgAdmin
Date: 2004-11-05 20:58:08
Lists: pgadmin-support

It's earlier than that- I wrote it to emulate the way pgAdmin II did it.
In those days you didn't register a server, you just connected to it
(because you could only connect to one at a time then). The connection
details were stored in an MRU list iirc, so you could select the correct
connection options for different servers easily. Back then, it made
sense to always connect.

> Don't forget to publish it here, we want to see what distracted your
> attention from pgadmin!

'fraid I can't do that. Commercially sensitive...

It did use PostgreSQL though, as well as SQL Server CE, PHP and C#...

> - no more Uni for the first time in 2.5
> > years! The following two weeks I'll be taking as leave from
> work, but
> > will be around, and after that, I'll be looking for a new
> project. Was
> > toying with the idea of working on either a graphical explain tool,
>
> Peter Eisentraut will love to hear that.

He will? Didn't know he was into that kind of thing.

> > or the 4GL I've been wanting to do for years.
>
> Did you already plant your tree and created your editor?

Huh?

Regards, Dave.