Re: Request for download stats on release

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>,"PostgreSQL www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Request for download stats on release
Date: 2004-08-11 16:15:56
Lists: pgsql-www

Not that I know of. The larger sites (the likes of sunsite,
mirror.ac.uk, heanet.ie etc.) are unlikely to start grepping their ftp
logs for us. The smaller ones, run by community members are far more
likely to, but then how representative are their stats?

I think the only way you'll get anything more than 'it's at least x' is
by hiding the downloads behind a php script that logs each download, no
matter which mirror it's from - and even then you'll still miss those
users that use ftp the 'proper way'.

Regards, Dave.

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2004-08-11 16:23:19