Re: SVN Commit by dpage: r5179 - in trunk/pgadmin3: . src/frm

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SVN Commit by dpage: r5179 - in trunk/pgadmin3: . src/frm
Date: 2006-05-23 15:05:42
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Wasting space that's not used anyway?

> I wonder when more useless info like current date/time, mem
> usage etc.

Why on earth would we add that? Current character is useful for
precisely the reason you note below.

> are added to the statusbar.
> If this was supposed to aid the ".. at character nnn" error
> messages (it doesn't unless the query starts at (0,0)),

No, in that case it doesn't help but that doesn't mean it isn't useful
in other situations.

> already have an 8.2 compatible and enhanced error handling
> done, based on 5109 and thus uncommittable.

The current code works perfectly against CVS-tip from Friday. I was also
planning on adding a highlight to the word at the error position (taking
into account the actual start of the query). You are welcome to commit
what code you have though - I'm sure you're more than capable of merging
it.

Regards, Dave.

pgadmin-hackers by date