Visual Studio 2005

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Visual Studio 2005
Date: 2006-05-09 14:49:45
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

I've just commited changes to SVN trunk that update the Windows build
system for pgAdmin to VC++ 8.0 (as shipped with Visual Studio 2005).
VC++ 8.0 Express Edition is now available free from Microsoft from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/.

In doing this, I have moved the workspace(now solution) file to the top
level directory, rather than leaving it tucked away in src/.

Unfortunately, this change does mean that you'll probably need to
rebuild your wxWidgets installation - happily this appears to be fine
out of the box, with only a few warnings about functions Microsoft has
deprecated showing up during the build.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause - it should be worth it
though; I already found that the intellisense now seems to work properly
with the wx classes which it never did for me before in VC++ 6.0 :-)

Regards, Dave