Re: Line length in pl/pgsql function

From: "David Olbersen" <DOlbersen(at)stbernard(dot)com>
To: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Line length in pl/pgsql function
Date: 2004-03-17 19:52:05
Lists: pgsql-sql
Richard Huxton wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 March 2004 00:47, David Olbersen wrote:
> >
> > Here's the "clean" code that doesn't work:
> >
> >                 FOR result IN
> >                     SELECT
> >                         initcap( c.name )         AS category,
> >                         initcap( l.language )     AS language,
> >                         count(*)                  AS howmany [etc]
>
> I don't suppose your actual code has any comments in it? I stumbled across an
> obscure parser issue in plpgsql regarding comments/line-endings and I think
> that was somewhere in 7.3.x

That was the actual code. There are comments, but they're one line above that one, and on their own line. Everything is developed using Vim on FreeBSD, so line-endings shouldn't be a problem, should they?

> Might be worth a quick look in the -bugs list archives and see if anything
> looks like your problem.

Didn't see anything on a quick look.

--
David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer

pgsql-sql by date

Previous:From: David OlbersenDate: 2004-03-17 19:50:44